Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Need to lose

Whether I do or not I don't know. I'm not one of those who will spend thousands of dollars on products advertised to help you 'lose weight fast', they don't work-unless you keep using them and their 'diet plans'. You can't lose weight any faster than you put it on, it just isn't healthy.

No, I don't want to be some Skinny Minnie either, I just need to get off of being slightly over 200 lbs. That on my 5'4" frame is a bit much even being big-boned. All my friends look at me like I'm nuts when I tell them I'm over 200 lbs, they tell me I don't look it, but the scales don't lie. All I want to do is get down to a healthy weight and maybe lose some of this belly, the rest of me isn't so bad, most of it appears to be there.

I'm not going on some famous diet, such as South Beach, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, etc. because I don't think they work any better than just changing my eating habits. All I would be doing is throwing my money (which I don't have anyway) away just as much as if I'd start buying the latest pill that promises me I will lose 30 lbs in 3o days....hogwash. Hell, the before and after pictures don't even match, even if you could use the excuse "Well, they lost 68 lbs, they're not gonna look the same." Every single time you see a before and after in those ads the skin color and tone is different, the hair is different, everything is different and you can't explain away skin tone by saying they lost weight. It's like every one of them suddenly decided to visit a tanning salon once they lost weight.

Anyway, I'm going to post musings and things here once in awhile. I'm also going to post my weight ticker in each post, even if I'm not losing anything. I won't be able to weigh myself until I change the battery in my digital scale, it's gone out.

No comments:

Post a Comment